What to Expect
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start in-person around May/June 2023 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through Aug/Sep 2023). We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time during the academic year.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
• Fremont, CA
• Lathrop, CA
• Sparks, NV
• Buffalo, NY
• Austin, TX
• Other Locations
About the Team
An Industrial Engineering intern will deliver projects in improving manufacturing and material flow, including (but not limited to) associate safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
What You’ll Do
• Utilization of work measurement to optimize factory and material flow processes
• Development of layout and production line alternatives
• Decision support through trade-off, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
What You’ll Bring
Currently working towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Systems Engineering
• Exposure to lean manufacturing principles and concepts; plus to showing application of these principles leading to real world results
• High comfort level in high expectations environment
• Software skills: MySQL, basic Excel, flowcharting software; bonus – 2D/3D CAD, linear programming, simulation, advanced Excel
• Previous experience in production control, material flow, manufacturing, process engineering, internal consulting, systems engineering, and/or warehousing
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.