Supervisor: Maker Program Coordinator: Josephine Bunnell
The Champlain College Maker Program provides students, staff, and faculty with access to maker tools and technology that translate digital creative processes into physical objects. This includes working with 3D printers, laser cutters, sewing machines, vinyl cutters, Adobe Illustrator, 3D modeling software, and basic hand tools as well as encompassing workflows such as printmaking and photography. Access to these tools can be found at Generator, Burlington’s community makerspace (across from the Miller Center at Lakeside Campus), as well as in the campus library (Miller Information Commons).
The Maker Program at Generator and main campus both support and encourage students to evolve ideas and collaborate on projects at the intersection of art, technology and entrepreneurship. Student Maker Technicians will work mostly at Generator and the Miller Information Commons to provide support for Maker Program events and marketing as well as managing the 3D printer and print requests in the library.
For additional details regarding Emergent Media Center Summer Projects follow the link below:
ALL students are encouraged to apply regardless of identity, background, status, or experience.
● Attend mandatory trainings and meetings
● Manage and operate library 3D printer, receive and print submitted files
● Assist with outreach events such as tabling, postering, or workshops
● Maintain social media pages
● Help to clean and maintain organization of the shared workspace
● Be familiar and up to date with current tool operation procedures, software, and space policies; be able to inform others
● Explore side projects when other duties are completed, spend time practicing and becoming familiar with the tools available
● Proactive and self-motivated, able to meet expectations and work independently
● Able to work as part of a team and remain flexible and compassionate in a changing
● Attentive to detail and highly organized
● Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as emotional intelligence and
● Be curious about and interested in working with new tools and the maker community, be
passionate for providing support for others to learn and create
● No prior experience required
Approximate Hours per Week:
During Generator hours (9 am – 9 pm every day) and campus library hours
Miller Information Commons
95 Summit Street
Burlington, VT 05401
40 Sears Ln.
Burlington, VT 05401
How to Apply:
✔ Resume ____ Cover Letter ____ Sample of Work ____ Other ____
External Application Link: https://forms.monday.com/forms/6cf5e6ac61791012573af706cdbedaf0?r=use1
This position is a 12-week position or 15-week position: 12
Can this position be performed in-person? (Yes/No): Yes
Can this position be performed remotely? (Yes/No): No